Re: tramp hangs

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: tramp hangs
Date: 5 Dec 2003 01:07:40 -0800

gebser@speakeasy.net wrote in message
news:<mailman.1110.1070581788.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...
> At 20:04 (UTC-0000) on Thu, 4 Dec 2003 Kai Grossjohann said:
>

> Permission denied, please try again.
> ken@192.168.0.200's password: [[Remote prompt `^///¦\?5{\*?(-KhîXä\+
> ?$' not found in 10 secs]]# Opening connection for ken@192.168.0.200
> using nil...

Ah, the strange characters look familiar.  I recall that I changed
something in Tramp so that it works better with some Emacs versions.

Maybe you can search for the md5 call in tramp.el and comment it out.
Or you have a look at the current Tramp version (2.0.38) to see if the
md5 invocation there looks different.

Sadly, I don't have access to Tramp at the moment.

Kai