Re: XML "folding" mode

From: Emilio Lopes
Subject: Re: XML "folding" mode
Date: 07 Dec 2003 18:42:40 +0100

"leo" <halloleo@noospaam.myrealbox.com> wrote:

> i think about a xml-mode which hides or "unfolds" the xml tags only showing
> the content data. it would make it much easier to edit this stuff.

If I understand your question correctly, PSGML-mode can help
you here. From its documentation:

   Folding editing

   With these commands you can make parts of the text temporarily
   invisible to make it easier to see the overall structure of
   your text.

   When folding a region all the lines but the first will be
   invisible. The first line of the region will still be
   visible with an ellipsis at the end.

 ECL

--
Emilio C. Lopes
München <48°8'N, 11°34'E>

Is that a Lisp interpreter in your editor, or are you just happy to see me?