Re: remote-compile

From: Richard Martin
Subject: Re: remote-compile
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 16:22:06 +0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

From: Richard Martin <Richard.Martin@aepona.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:26:31 +0000
Sender: help-gnu-emacs-bounces+eliz=elta.co.il@gnu.org

I have 2 machines one of which I run emacs on and the other I compile
on. Both machines have mounted dirs on which the code is. Every time I
kick off a remote-compile and select and error it goes off and retrieves
the file from the remote machine - even though my local machine can see
it and it is exactly the same file. Any ideas if it is possible to stop
emacs from ftping the file and using the local one?

The first thing I would try is to use `rsh' to compile on the remote
machine.  Then the messages spit by the compiler will mention file
names as if they were local, so next-error will do what you want.