appt woes

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: appt woes
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:17:27 -0600

If I load the package appt, the format of diary entries is changed to

"Dec 8, 2003"

from my preferred

"8 Dec 2003"

as given by (setq european-calendar-style t)

This seems to be a bug, and I intend to post it as such shortly...

As a further frustration, new appointments that I add *to the diary
file* during the course of the day do not appear as appointments.  I
don't know if this is a bug or not; it seems to be a bug (maybe
related to the issue mentioned above). Maybe my configurations are
relevant?

(require 'appt)
(setq appt-issue-message t)
(setq appt-message-warning-time 1)
(setq appt-display-interval 1)

I have no problems adding appt's using appt-add, but would really
rather have the diary do the work. Anyone have a working relationship
with appt that they would be willing to share?

Joe