Re: cygwin browse-url bug

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: cygwin browse-url bug
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 22:05:14 +0200

> From: Bruce Ingalls <bingalls@fit-zones.NO-SPAM.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 19:27:56 GMT
>
> > I'm guessing that Cygwin invokes the browser with a URL that is
> > munged by the file-name transformation stuff.
>
> There are no file names to transform. MozillaFirebird.exe is in my PATH,
> and is invoked as
>       MozillaFirebird http://groups.google.com/

Are you sure that "http://groups.google.com/"; is indeed the argument
that MozillaFirebird.exe gets in your case?  If so, my assumptions was
wrong, and some other factor is at work here.

What I meant to say is that there's a possibility that the presence of
"//" in the file name causes some cygwin magic kick in that is
supposed to transform cygwin-style file names to Windows-style, even
though the argument to the browser is a URL, not a file name.

HTH