Re: emacs suspension

From: gebser
Subject: Re: emacs suspension
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:02:48 -0500 (EST)

Yes, but I was hoping to see the whole page-- including the processes
actually running and how much CPU, memory, etc. they were using.  Try it
again in a full screen window and give us the entire page of output.

We do get _some_ information from what you provided: You have a lot of
processes running.  Do you really need them all?  The CPU is booked to
the max with user processes (user applications).  But you do have enough
swap.  Having more physical memory would help things run faster.
Normally a gig should be enough, but maybe you're running some
memory-heavy stuff.

You could also make emacs run faster and smaller by byte-compiling
relevant *.el files.

hth,
ken