Re: outline-mode: change color setting

From: Hugh Lawson
Subject: Re: outline-mode: change color setting
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:29:22 GMT

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

> Karl Voit wrote:
>
> > But unfortunately, the color highlighting is not optimal. I prefer
> > black background in my xterm and this is not good with (dark)blue
> > which my emacs (21) uses for some outlines.
> > So how can I modify this behaviour? (e.g. blue->lightblue)
> > Do I have to set some variables or do I have to modify the code for
> > the outline-mode?
>
> Looking at outline.el, it apparently uses the font-lock faces.  So
> customize whichever face is suboptimal.

Sometimes in figuring this out, the following command is helpful:

M-x list-text-properties-at

If I enter this with point (called cursor in some other programs) on
the word 'suboptimal' above, this  is returned:

face                 message-cited-text-face
fontified            t

This tells me that the face 'message-cited-text-face' is the one to
customize if I don't like the looks of the quoted lines.

--
Hugh Lawson