Running emacs lisp programs from command line or script

From: Ryan Newton
Subject: Running emacs lisp programs from command line or script
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:13:42 -0500

Hi all,

If I want to make a command line invokable script to, say, convert emacs enriched text documents to plain ones, how do I do it? I want emacs to start up, open said document, save it in plain text mode. Easy to write the emacs lisp code, but how do I call it from the command line. What's the "batch" mode for emacs?

--Ryan