How to load a lisp file automatically

From: Chunyan Wang
Subject: How to load a lisp file automatically
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:34:04 -0500 (EST)

hi, all,

I am sorry for the mass mailing.  I can use commands "M-x load-file
~/setnu.elc" that loads the lisp file into emacs.  My question is how to
load a lisp file automatically every time emacs is used.  I have compiled
the setnu.el lisp file into .elc file and have both of the files under my
home directory.

Here are the code that I added to .emacs file:

(setq load-path (cons "~/" load-path))
(require 'setnu)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-setnu-mode)

Thanks in advance for your time.

Erica Wang
331789 GaTech Station, Atlanta, GA 30332
Email: gte274s@prism.gatech.edu