Re: make-auto-save-file-name: not using name transforms for mere buffers

From: Florian von Savigny
Subject: Re: make-auto-save-file-name: not using name transforms for mere buffers
Date: 13 Dec 2003 12:44:01 +0100

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

> ;; Sort ((MOUNT-POINT . FILESYSTEM-TYPE) ...) alist by MOUNT-POINT:
> (sort file-systems (lambda (cons-1 cons-2)
>                    (string-lessp (car cons-1) (car cons-2))))

Thanks a lot, Kevin. I am sorry that meanwhile this has turned out to
be unnecessary for the present problem, as Eli's suggestion of using
'df -T' at the time of creating the file name has made my caching
mechanism superfluous (and the whole construction more failsafe).

I am, however, grateful anyway, as I use alists a lot, and have saved
your solution away. I'll be sure to use it.

--

Florian v. Savigny

If you are going to reply in private, please be patient, as I only
check for mail something like once a week. - Si vous allez répondre
personellement, patientez s.v.p., car je ne lis les courriels
qu'environ une fois par semaine.