Re: make-auto-save-file-name: not using name transforms for mere buffers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make-auto-save-file-name: not using name transforms for mere buffers
Date: 14 Dec 2003 08:28:05 +0200

> From: Florian von Savigny <florian265@uboot.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 13 Dec 2003 20:52:21 +0100
>
> so it's rational to expect that future official versions of
> Emacs will use convert-standard-filename the way your version does,
> isn't it?

Yes.  However, the code I have still calls convert-standard-filename
only on non-Posix platforms.  So perhaps it's a good idea to suggest a
change whereby convert-standard-filename is called on all platforms
regardless, for the cases such as yours.  If you decide to post such a
suggestion, please do so on gnu.emacs.bug or emacs-devel@gnu.org.

TIA