Re: Latin-9: Font Problem with ps-print and German Umlauts

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Latin-9: Font Problem with ps-print and German Umlauts
Date: 14 Dec 2003 13:51:57 +0200

> From: Harald Maier <harald@maierh.de>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:23:37 +0100
>
> I switch to Latin-9 (de_DE@euro) an all works fine except postscript
> printing. If I print a buffer with german umlauts emacs complaints
> that the 'Font for some characters not found'. How can I solve this
> problem? The problem happens with both emacs-21.3 and emacs-21.3.50.

See the variable ps-mule-font-info-database-default: you need to
customize it so that it supports Latin-9, in a way similar to what
ps-mule-font-info-database-latin does for Latin-1.  The doc string of
ps-mule-font-info-database should explain the data structure of these
variables.

(All the variables I mentioned are defined and used on ps-mule.el,
which see.)