Re: How do I get latest CVS and compile Emacs?

From: Bruce Ingalls
Subject: Re: How do I get latest CVS and compile Emacs?
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:03:52 GMT

Martin Stone Davis wrote:
I would like to get the latest CVS of emacs and compile it for Windows XP. I read http://savannah.gnu.org/statement.html, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

My (lack of) experience: I am an almost-total newbie to CVS.

You may find instructions at http://www.crasseux.com/
Someone could do the community a favor, by compiling the directions in this thread, licensing it as FDL or http://www.creativecommons.org/ and send it to the webmaster at Crasseux, to complete his work.

Note that http://www.wincvs.org/ has a cvs solution for those who fear the /command/ /line/ 8)