Re: Editing a file as root

From: Micha Feigin
Subject: Re: Editing a file as root
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:41:50 +0200

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 04:57:25PM -0500, Benjamin Rutt wrote:
> Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> writes:
>
> >> Then you are either using an outdated tramp or XEmacs or both.
> >>

> > its bidi emacs. Its based on the cvs version (2.3.50 iirc).
>
> Are you sure you're reading the right Info file?  Maybe visiting the
> tramp info file manually will help.  (This can be done e.g. in dired
> with the 'I' command, if the cursor is on the right file).

I visited it manually from the command line and I also tried both
syntax types, the one in the thread didn't work as menssioned (I can
send the error message again if you want).
There is no other emacs version currently installed on my machine.
I compiled it myself from the sources though. Maybe you are using a
packaged version that provides a newer version as part of the package
and not part of emacs?