Re: How get Microsoft Office style FOLDER TABS in Emacs?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: How get Microsoft Office style FOLDER TABS in Emacs?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:46:44 +0000

seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:

> Thanks,  This looks very useful.  Is there any way to do the
> same thing without the mouse and/or redefine mouse buttons
> that make this happen??? e.g. right mouse button without
> Ctrl??

I second the suggestion to try ibuffer.  To get a glimpse of what it
can do, try M-x electric-buffer-list RET.

Another useful feature is iswitchb.  It allows you to type substrings
of buffer names to narrow down the search.  Try it ;-)

I now have these tabs thingies in Eclipse, and I know that I won't
miss them when I go back to Emacs.

Kai