Re: Editing a file as root

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: Editing a file as root
Date: 19 Dec 2003 12:16:15 +0100

KG> Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:
>> Does tramp provide a hook where Se'bastien could do
>>
>> (set (make-local-variable 'process-connection-type) t)

KG> Hm.  Since it is used when start-process is called, then maybe I
KG> should just provide a tramp-process-connection-type variable to
KG> tweak...  Does anybody here want to submit a patch?  ;-)

I think inside tramp process-connection-type should always be set to t (or
'pty)
I have advised tramp myself to get this:

(defadvice tramp-maybe-open-connection
  (around set-process-connection-type)
  "Set process-connection-type to pty."
  (let ((process-connection-type 'pty))
    ad-do-it))
(ad-activate 'tramp-maybe-open-connection)

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum@hccnet.nl