Re: emacs cvs over ssh question

From: M. Serkan Apaydin
Subject: Re: emacs cvs over ssh question
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:47:51 -0800

Hi,

*From*:         David B
*Date*:         08 Dec 2003 13:08:22 +0100
*User-agent*:   Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.2

Andrew Taylor <ataylor@bogus.example.com <http://mail.gnu.org/spam.html>>
writes:
/ /
/ This doesn't address your specific problem, but I typically use RSA/
/ key authentication by adding my public key to the list of authorized/
/ keys on the CVS server./

Actually that was the solution- many thanks!

David

 Actually, I am also trying
to do the same. I have a remote repository, behind a firewall, and I can
connect it to it
using command line cvs, e.g. by saying:
setenv CVSROOT :ext:apaydin@robo:~/cvs_repository

but then when I try to use cvs within emacs, I get the error:
/usr/bin/ssh-askpass could not be found.

ssh-askpass is actually in /usr/local/bin,
and I could not find how to tell emacs where to look
for ssh-askpass. Simple add-path to .emacs in the form of:

(setq load-path (cons "/usr/local/bin/" load-path))
did not help.

Trying the solution suggested by Andrew Taylor requires setting the
CVSROOT as :pserver:apaydin@robo:~/cvs_repository
however then cvs login does not work, as connection is rejected by robo
since it is a firewall.

I was wondering you know of any solution for this case.

Thanks,

serkan