Re: auto-indent

From: Gernot Hassenpflug
Subject: Re: auto-indent
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:36:16 +0900

"hastenthunder" <hastenthunder@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi Group,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to get emacs to auto-indent.
>
> For example, if I type
>         This is the first line
>
> I like my second line to start at position 6 rather than position 1.
>
> Can any one tell me how to do this?  Sorry if this question seem simple.

indented-text-mode

>From the description:

indented-text-mode is an alias for `text-mode' in `textmodes/text-mode'.
(indented-text-mode)

Major mode for editing text written for humans to read.
In this mode, paragraphs are delimited only by blank or white lines.
You can thus get the full benefit of adaptive filling
 (see the variable `adaptive-fill-mode').
key             binding

TAB             indent-relative
ESC             Prefix Command

ESC S           center-paragraph
ESC s           center-line
ESC TAB         ispell-complete-word

Turning on Text mode runs the normal hook `text-mode-hook'.

--
G Hassenpflug RASC, Kyoto University