Re: make-auto-save-file-name: not using name transforms for mere buffers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make-auto-save-file-name: not using name transforms for mere buffers
Date: 04 Jan 2004 08:33:31 +0200

> From: dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs)
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 03:57:53 +0000 (UTC)
> >
> >> Sorry, I should have written "df -T .".  The -T switch is important.
>
> What's this -T option to df?

It causes `df' to print the filesystem's type.

> And why is it "important" here?

Because that's what the OP wanted: the type of the filesystem where
Emacs was going to save a file (or was it auto-save?).  A certain
type of filesystem needed a special treatment on the OP's system.

> My isp (panix.com, netbsd) doesn't have it,
> nor does Solaris 9.

It's an extension of GNU `df'.  The OP was using a GNU/Linux system,
so I was certain his `df' had that option.  If you install GNU
Fileutils, so will yours.