Re: Highlight comment in gauss mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Highlight comment in gauss mode
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 15:30:51 GMT

> @ foo
> is not valid Gauss. The valid Gauss comments are

> /* this kind of comment can be nested */

> @ this kind of comment cannot be nested @

Oh, so it's not a question of whether the closing @ is on the same line but
of nesting.  Good.

Then you want to add "n" to the syntax of "*" (to cause /* */ to be
nestable) and you want to use "!" (instead of "\"") for for syntax of @.

> For example, the followings are valid gauss comment:

> Case 1:
> /* foo1
>   /* foo2 */
> */

> Case 2:
> @ foo2@

> Case 3:

> @ foo3
> @

With my suggestions above, all three should work just fine in Emacs-21.

> I just want to see the colors are different in comment areas.

What have you tried to do to make it happen ?
Have you turned on font-lock-mode ?

        Stefan