Re: -Re: "Select All" elisp snippet

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: -Re: "Select All" elisp snippet
Date: 07 Jan 2004 21:24:59 +0100

ferhun_caner@yahoo.com (Dr. F.C.Caner) writes:

> I do not claim that it does something more. The fact is that I did
> not know about C-x h, nor (mark-whole-buffer) until I saw other
> replies.  May be I should have been more patient?

The more ad-hoc a homebrown solution to a simple problem seems, the
more it may be prudent to wait for other replies before investing time
in what amounts to the blind teaching the blind.  Or one could try
consulting the documentation.

The Emacs manual has a node "Marking Objects" which gives this
bindings among others.  The node can be found with
C-h i d m Emacs RET i mark RET
and then cycling with , through the occurences.

C-h a ^mark RET

gives a whole slew of marking commands, too, for those that mistrust
manuals.