Re: gnuchess & EmacsChess - chess.el

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: gnuchess & EmacsChess - chess.el
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:25:24 -0700

sebyte wrote:

;;   (add-to-list 'load-list "<the path to Emacs Chess>")
;;
;;   (autoload 'chess "chess" "Play a game of chess" t)
;;
;; Now you can type `M-x chess', and play chess against anyone else in
;; the room with you, without having to install anything more.

First of all chess-player.el appears to be missing in the tarball I have downloaded from the SourceForge project site. Secondly, my .emacs can only be successfully read if I change " 'load-list " to " 'load-path "

Correct.

but then, when I execute the command 'M-x chess', I get the following message:

Cannot open load file: chess

Not being elisp enabled, I am at something of an impasse. Any help much appreciated.

You probably added the full pathname of chess.el to load-path, instead of

just the pathname of its directory.

--
Kevin Rodgers