Please help!!!

From: shankar
Subject: Please help!!!
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:00:17 -0600 (CST)

I've been using emacs for some time (mostly for Latex) and the newer
versions (which are automatic on newer versions of Linux) have a most
annoying feature (bug?): Whenever I begin an environment like
"\begin{theorem}" or "\begin{remark}", the very next line is automatically
shifted 2 spaces and the same is true for every line within the
environment. I understand this is probably useful for programmers, but it
is driving me crazy. I tried going through the customization buffers but
could not fix this. Any help from you is much appreciated.

Thanks.

-ravi.shankar