Re: preview-latex-mode: crop corrupts images

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: preview-latex-mode: crop corrupts images
Date: 13 Jan 2004 01:22:38 +0100

"Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee.news@gmx.net> writes:

> On 12 Jan 2004 22:31:36 +0100 David Kastrup wrote:
> > Bug reporting instructions are liberally scattered all over the
> > documentation and there is even a bug report menu.  Why you would
> > want to report a problem of an add-on package to gnu.emacs.help
> > probably remains your secret.
>
> Because,
> 1. I wasn't sure that it is a bug and I was hoping for an easy
>    workaround (e.g. a possibility to tell preview-latex to ignore the
>    crop package).

And the preview-latex-devel list would be much more appropriate for
asking than a generic Emacs list.

> 2. I wanted to avoid the hassle of subscribing to preview-latex-devel
>    which, I guess, is the most appropriate group.

Replies to a mail to the list are also sent back to the original
sender.

> 3. I know that you read this group. ;)

There is a reason for the bug reporting instructions and commands,
and that is to save developers time, hassles, and guesswork, and also
make sure that other developers not reading here might give an answer
when it is their field of exercise.

You are effectively saying that you are purposefully posting to the
wrong place because you are confident that I should help you even
though you choose to waste my time unnecessarily, and that of other
readers on this list, that have nothing to do with preview-latex, as
well.

Again, the problem reporting instructions in the distribution are not
intended as a joke, but as a means to make helping people more
efficient, thus saving time for further development and helping
others.

> > crop.sty is not supposed to confuse preview.sty, so you might
> > consider filing a proper bug report according to the instructions
> > giving a small complete example.
>
> I will, unless the problem goes away e.g after installing a new
> version of preview-latex.

0.7.8 is the newest.  0.8 will probably take another month, and I
don't remember any changes that would be relevant to your problem
between 0.7.8 and now.