Re: emacs doesn't use the X clipboard

From: Carsten Weinberg
Subject: Re: emacs doesn't use the X clipboard
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:18:12 +0100

> I  do understand  how  the  X selection  mechanism  works.  I've  even
> programmed it in  C/Xlib.  That does not stop  Emacs from misbehaving,
> though.

Well, Lee you are right. I just experienced a lot of trouble copying text from
gtk2-emacs to gtk2-mozilla-firebird and vice versa. Either via X selection or
CUA-like key  strokes. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Insofar it would be a
good idea making emacs compatible to the gtk2 toolkit, and the gnome desktop
environment.

Cheers
-C. Weinberg