flyspell mode and american.hash?

From: Jeff D. Hamann
Subject: flyspell mode and american.hash?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:10:15 -0800

I've been trying to start flyspell-mode (actualy I would love for
flyspell-mode to be "on" when I'm editing almost anything other than code
(TeX mode mostly) ) and keep getting an error message in the Minibuffer
window, "Can't open c:/american.hash^M^M" and can't seem to find
american.hash on my machine (running winxp). I've copied the c:/english.hash
to c:/american.hash and it seems to work fine so far.

I was hoping to be able to have flyspell auto correct words as I entered
them, or allow me to press a mouse button to let me select from a pull down
menu to choose the word I wanted. I'm a little nervous about making changes
in the options (as I've been making direct changes to the .emacs files) and
tool-tips don't seem to be functioning (or at least I haven't been able to
get them to work) when trying to use them from GUD or something similar yet.

Thanks,
Jeff.

---
Jeff D. Hamann