Re: emacs doesn't use the X clipboard

From: Carsten Weinberg
Subject: Re: emacs doesn't use the X clipboard
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:35:32 +0100

> Me  too.   But  Carsten  means  to make  Emacs's  cut&paste  mechanism
> *compatible* with  gtk2, kdelib,  etc.

Lee this is exactly what I mean. I am using emacs for more than 10 years, and I
am a friend of gnome too. I'm really standing behind this great software.
Therefore its clear, that I am very interested in a compatible emacs
(copy&paste, drag&drop), what means adding some standards of freedesktop.org to
emacs.

Cheers
-Carsten