Re: OSX Meta bound to Esc!

From: Eden Smallwood
Subject: Re: OSX Meta bound to Esc!
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:53:02 -0800

In article <m265fkxrgx.fsf@Stella-Blue.local>, Tim McNamara
<timmcn@bitstream.net> wrote:

€ There's nothing preposterous about it.

    Nothing?  Not even a little?  The Esc key is *not* even a real
modifier key, it's in the upper left hand corner, (only), so even if
it were a mod key, I'd have to type the "letter" with my thumb, it's
completely tiny, (on this and some kbds), and there is an unused mod
key, labelled "option" & "alt" sitting there unused, in the right
place, and it's nice and chunky.

    A "wee bit silly" then? :)

€ Terminal menu -> Window Settings -> Keyboard popup
€ menu and make sure that the checkbox for using the Alt key as Meta is
€ checked.

    Yup!  I'm hooked up fine, thank you and t'other fellow too. A bit
freaky finding a checkbox for JUST EXACTLY THIS... like finding a check
box labelled, "If you're Eden Smallwood, click here"!

€ > PS: It (emacs) doesn't seem to work very well in other ways...
€
€ It's Apple, not Emacs.

    Ok no problem; I don't want to slam emacs, just reporting.

€ Follow the download instructions on the Savannah CVS site and the

    Wish I could do them nifty things, but it's my work machine, id
est, it's the boss' machine, dernit.  Thanks,

Eden

--
Mail from here: www.lafn.org/~zeppenwolf