Re: Interoperation of eshell and viper

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Interoperation of eshell and viper
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:29:13 -0700

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

I'm thinking it might be useful for eshell to go into viper insert
mode after I hit return to execute a command.  That way, I can just
type my next command without having to remember to go into insert mode
again.

Has anyone done this?

No, I don't use eshell or viper.  But isn't it just a matter of executing

a viper command (to go into insert mode) after the eshell command (whatever
is bound to RET), via a hook (if the eshell command provides one) or an
after advice?

--
Kevin Rodgers