Does c-set-style have any effect on C++/Java modes or codes? and can it?

From: Christian Seberino
Subject: Does c-set-style have any effect on C++/Java modes or codes? and can it?
Date: 16 Jan 2004 23:25:12 -0800

I like (c-set-style "linux") because it give me 8 space indents
and other nice features.

I tried once to set Java and C++ files to use c-mode because
I like (c-set-style "linux") so much.

I also tried adding (c-set-style "linux") to c++-mode-hook and
java-mode-hook recently.

Is all of this accomplishing anything???

I mean c-set-style only with with c code and can't help you
with code that is sort of similar to C right???

Chris