Re: How can I customize this repetive edit?

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: How can I customize this repetive edit?
Date: 22 Jan 2004 16:12:38 -0500

Emacs macros would be good here.

Just start recording a keyboard macro C-x (

Execute the keyboard commands to reformat your text

Stop the macro recording C-x )

Here's a BASIC macro that does what you want.

(fset 'foo

Load this by placing your cursor after the closing ) above and typing C-x e

Then load your file, place the cursor on the first line of text, and
type M-x foo to execute the macro

- Chris