Re: C-x v g going further back in time?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: C-x v g going further back in time?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:28:00 GMT

> 1) the *vc* buffer is used both for 'C-x v l' and also when you do
>    'C-x v v' to commit a file, so it might contain either info that

It can also be used for another file.  I think we just need to add
a variable that stores the "it's a log" info, along the one that stores the
file's name.

> 2) cache coherency problem.  What if the log info is updated b/c of
>    new commits?  Do you always want the outdated log info?

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If the commits are done via VC,
they'll overwrite the *vc* buffer so it's safe.  And even if it somehow
does not happen, it's rather unlikely that the user will be bothered by the
lack of some brand new commits: when using vc-annotate you're typically
looking at past changes.  And you can always add a `revert-buffer-function'
such that the user can refresh explicitly the log info.

        Stefan