Re: helpex.el 0.2 --- useful extensions for the C-h prefix

From: Michael Schierl
Subject: Re: helpex.el 0.2 --- useful extensions for the C-h prefix
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:43:13 +0100

Hmm, unannounced Followup-To. Is that best current practice here in
gnu.*?

Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>> Is there a good solution for the Info-goto-node "problem" as well?
>
>IIRC, the goto-node code in CVS does completion within the parenthesese,
>but it does not do completion of the node name afterwards (this requires
>looking inside the Info file and I didn't bother writing it up).
>
>> IOW: If you have an info file called "foo" with a node "Bar Baz" (e.g.
>> "(elisp)Regular Expressions"), can you type
>
>> C-h i g (foo)Bar SPC Baz RET
>
>> while p-c-m is enabled, *without* making Emacs barf about no
>> completion when hitting SPC?
>
>I haven't used p-c-m in a while and I use C-a SPC

Do you mean C-q SPC?

>to insert a space, so
>I wouldn't know.  If it works without p-c-m, then it's a bug in p-c-m,
>otherwise it's a misfeature.

It's most likely a bug in p-c-m. On the other hand, without p-c-m,
when you hit TAB twice after entered the full file name (e.g.
"(emacs)"), you first get "[Complete, but not unique]" and on the
second try "[No completions]". Maybe that's irritating p-c-m.

Michael
--
"New" PGP Key! User ID: Michael Schierl <schierlm@gmx.de>
Key ID: 0x58B48CDD    Size: 2048    Created: 26.03.2002