Control-C bound to Control-G (emacs 21.2.12 under cygwin)

From: Kevin Underriner
Subject: Control-C bound to Control-G (emacs 21.2.12 under cygwin)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:53:30 -0500

I used to be fairly emacs adept however I've been away from the fold for
about seven years and am only now coming back via cygwin, so please accept
my apologies if I'm being overly obtuse.

New cygwin installation, new emacs installation, no modifications whatsover.

Control-C is bound to Control-G.  Verified with describe-key - typing C-c
results in the same information as C-g, namely "C-g runs the command
keyboard-quit ...".

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it?  Again, there are no
customizations, no .emacs, no nothing - straight out-of-the box
installation.

Also, oddly, this does not happen under info.  Control-C does the expected
thing there.

Thanks

Kevin.