Aspell and Emacs

From: Chris Swoyer
Subject: Aspell and Emacs
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:06:28 -0600

I just downloaded and installed cocoAspell 1.4.1. I am using
enhanced carbon emacs (under Mac's OS 10.3.2).

1. what do I need to insert in my .emacs file so Emacs will use
    Aspell (when I installed things I moved a file called
    Spelling.prefPane to the  "PreferencePanes" subfolder of
    /Library -- but it didn't yield a file named Aspell or the
    like.

  2. Do I need to add anything to get Aspell to work from the
    command menu for LaTeX (at present I have the following line,
    which came with the set-up:

  (list "Spell" "<ignored>" 'TeX-run-ispell-on-document nil nil)

---

Thanks,
CS