Re: copy-face seems to work only for current frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: copy-face seems to work only for current frame
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:00:08 -0500

> Do I understand this right? You say set-face-background and similar functions
> change the face definition, whereas copy-face only changes the frame local
> definitions?

Yes.  By default, set-face-background and its ilk change the face
definitions for all the frames that exist, and also change the
defaults for new frames.  To make the face changes only on the current
frame, you need to use the optional argument FRAME.  See the doc
string of set-face-background.

copy-face can modify the face on all existing frames, but AFAICS it
cannot change the face definitions to be used for future frames.