Re: flyspell paste annoyance

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: flyspell paste annoyance
Date: 28 Jan 2004 09:25:06 -0500

>>> Bruce Ingalls <bingalls@fit-zones.NO-SPAM.com> seems to think that:
[...]
>Also - here is a feature suggestion:
>I know that there is a flymake.el out there.
>However, anyone interested in creating a variation of flyspell,
>perhaps called flytags, which does an agrep on func-menus of all open
>buffers, as well as any TAGS files?
>Perhaps a second mouse key could jump to the function definition.

I was unable to completely understand the above paragraph, but I think
you are asking for something called intellisense in "other" IDE
editors.

http://cedet.sourceforge.net/intellisense.shtml

I've been working on the next generation of this over the past couple
weeks, and an early sample was checked into CVS last week.  At the
moment, if a cursor is sitting on a partial symbol, it will pop up a
tooltip showing what it could be.  TAB is rebound to perform
completion at this time.  It does not mark all symbols that cannot be
found with the little red squiggle though.  That is an adventure for
another day.

Tooltips aren't available everywhere though so I've been trying
abstract things out so it is consistent and reliable across many
configurations.  It's a fun little project.

Eric
--
Eric Ludlam             "Photonic Doodler"    The MathWorks x 7556
eludlam@mathworks.com         (work)        http://www.mathworks.com