Re: A question about Eshell

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: A question about Eshell
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:59:54 +0100

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

> Eshell does not run a real shell.  Instead, it interprets each command
> as you type it.  Now, if you type su, then eshell will start a su
> process and send subsequent input to it.  It will not interpret the
> I/O itself.
>
> That's why su and normal usage are different.
>
> [Tramp stuff]

Thanks for the tipps. Instead of this I now use sudo to do the root-only
tasks. I really don't need a root shell but some commands like
fetchnews. And for this sudo seems to be the easiest solution.

> Kai

Much thanks,
     Tassilo

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle