Re: tab / indent / spaces / modes

From: Emory Smith
Subject: Re: tab / indent / spaces / modes
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:51:08 -0700

On Jan 27, 2004, at 2:07 PM, kgold wrote:

richard@sunsetandlabrea.com (Richard Chamberlain) writes:

I'm using php-mode and I want to be able to switch off the indentation
mode, because what I want for formatting and what php-mode suggests is
different.

Rather than turn off indentation, why not just customize it to format
the way you like?  In emacs, nearly everything is customizable.

im also using php and having trouble with indentation. i would like to keep the indentation on and customize it (as kgold suggested).

my main problem is with comments (// or /**/). php-mode seems to not recognize them as comments and gives me doubly indented line after i use one (even if they are after the semicolon.

so i was wondering how i might find out (and change) what character sequences php-mode recognizes as comment delimiters and what it does when it recognizes one.

thanks