Re: pmax build problem

From: Skylar Thompson
Subject: Re: pmax build problem
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:02:50 GMT

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:47:08 +0100, Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> wrote:
> Skylar Thompson <skylar@os2.dhs.org> writes:
>
>> LC_ALL=C ./temacs -batch -l loadup dump
>> ./temacs: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>
> I've never seen this.  Can you go to the directory containing temacs
> (probably src) and invoke the following command?
>
> LC_ALL=C ./temacs -batch --eval '(setq debug-on-error t)' -l loadup dump
>
> What happens?

Sorry it took so long to get back; it's been a busy week so far. Anyways,
here's the output:

 % LC_ALL=C ./temacs -batch --eval '(setq debug-on-error t)' -l loadup dump
zsh: exec format error: ./temacs

I'm not sure if this is useful but here's the output of running file on
temacs:

 % file temacs                                                             0:08
temacs: ELF 32-bit LSB MIPS-I executable, MIPS, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

I also ran file on /bin/ls, which gave back this:

 % file /bin/ls                                                            0:09
/bin/ls: ELF 32-bit LSB MIPS-I executable, MIPS, version 1 (SYSV), for NetBSD,
statically linked, stripped

Is the lack of "for NetBSD" significant? Perhaps the compiler isn't
compiling for the right operating system?

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar@cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/