Re: Change background color?

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: Change background color?
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:19:32 +0100

>> I just installed RedHat 9 and I run what seems Emacs 21.2. I'd like
>> to change the background color of Emacs into something else that
>> white. I looked at Google but I can't seem to work it out.
>>
>> emacs -bg gainsboro &
>>
>> still gives me a white background.

KR> Try specifying the -q and --no-site-file options before -bg COLOR.

There are Elisp specific solutions for the problem.

Putting something like this in the .emacs file

(setq default-frame-alist '((cursor-color . "gold")
                            (background-color . "black")
                            (foreground-color . "#feffD9")
                            (height . 40)
                            (width . 80)
                            ))

sets  the default  cursor color,  background color,  foreground color,
height and width of any other frame you create.

for the current frame

(set-background-color "gold")
(set-cursor-color "black")
(set-foreground-color "#feffD9")

do the job for colors :)

  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/