Re: Emacs on Aix questions

From: leo
Subject: Re: Emacs on Aix questions
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:18:43 +1100

sorry, i guess a fragmented version of this post hit the group a couple of
minutes earlier...

"Hemond, Steve" <SHEMOND@SMURFIT.com> wrote in message

> 1. The DEL key won't erase from the point position. It acts like
> BACKSPACE. (I don't have this problem in terminal mode).

you can change your key bindings: with C-h c DEL-key lookup what's the name
of the DEL-key
for the system porabbaly "C-d" and what command it invokes (probably
delete-backward-char)

then put something like

(global-set-key "\C-d" 'delete-char)

in your .emacs file.

> 2. C-space will start setting a mark, but moving the cursor to select a
range leads to
> nothing. Like the MARK SET is disabling soon after.

try to experiment with M-x toggle-transient-mark-mode. that might help.

cheers, leo