Re: Some questions (using Emacs on Aix)

From: kgold
Subject: Re: Some questions (using Emacs on Aix)
Date: 10 Feb 2004 19:38:03 GMT

"Hemond, Steve" <SHEMOND@SMURFIT.com> writes:
> Hi friends,
>
> I have installed Emacs (21.3.3) on Aix and I have some questions before
> going ahead and make it available to my users.
>
> First, while in X11 mode, I have two main problems :
>
> 1. The DEL key won't erase from the point position. It acts like
> BACKSPACE. (I don't have this problem in terminal mode).

Running GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0, X toolkit):

On my box, the Del key, and all the other keypad keys, act as if Num
Lock is always on.  That is, Del prints a "." Ins prints a "0", etc.

I suppose that's incorrect, but I always use the keypad in Num Lock on
anyway.

BTW, my Delete key works the way you want it to, running delete-char.