Re: using id-utils/mkid/gid with C++ instead of C

From: Brian Auld
Subject: Re: using id-utils/mkid/gid with C++ instead of C
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:50:25 -0700

Sorry for the bother.

My id-utils version is 3.2 and I get the same error from outside emacs.

I'll redirect this to the id-utils mailing list.

Brian

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:35:03 -0700
From: Brian Auld <brian.auld@lefthandnetworks.com>

I've been a satisfied id-utils user for the past year.

This is not really a good place to post questions about ID-utils.  You
should have posted to help-gnu-utils or bug-gnu-utils instead, unless
you are sure the problem is in the Emacs interface to ID-utils.

class class_A{
   func_A();
};

2nd file: lib.cpp
--------------------
class_A::func_A(){
}

3rd file main.cpp
main(){
   class_A::func_A();
}

When I run mkid/gid on the function: func_A, the only hit I get is the member function declaration in the 1st file.

What is your version of ID-utils?  Perhaps you have an old version
that has a bug which is already corrected in a newer version.

Also, it is good to run `lid' outside Emacs to see if it finds the
other two files.  If not, it's an ID-utils bug that you should report
to its maintainer(s), not an Emacs problem.