Fatal error when trying to run emacs 21.3 on win2k

From: David
Subject: Fatal error when trying to run emacs 21.3 on win2k
Date: 14 Feb 2004 05:53:46 -0800

I'm trying to upgrade from emacs 20.7 to emacs 21.3. (BTW, it's not
clear to me if version 21.3 is valid -- according to
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/windows/emacs/21.3/emacs-21.3-fullbin-i386.tar.gz.back-RSN.README
from 23Oct2003 it's not valid, but nevertheless the files appear ready
for download at
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-21.3-fullbin-i386.tar.gz
from 26Jan2004). I downloaded from the abovementioned address, ran
gunzip-1.2.4-i386, tar-1.11.2a, and addpm. All seemed to execute okay.
I now have 2 subdirectories in C:\emacs, emacs-20.7 and emacs-21.3.
When I try to run emacs.exe from C:\emacs\emacs-21.3\bin, I get an
"Emacs Abort Dialog" window stating that a fatal error has occured.
Then I get a "Program Error" window stating that emacs.exe has
generated errors and will be closed by Windows.

The error message (from DrWatson):
The application, , generated an application error The error occured on
date/time The exception generated was 80000003 at address 77FA144B
(DbgBreakPoint).
After a second attempt, the error message was:
The application, , generated an application error The error occured on
date/time The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1165DCF4
(<nosymbols>).

Version 20.7 still (seems to) runs okay.

Appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Thanks,
David