How to disconnect ange-ftp permanently?

From: Nickolai Dobrynin
Subject: How to disconnect ange-ftp permanently?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 07:10:01 -0600

I use ange-ftp-kill-ftp-process to break an on-going ftp connection
to another UNIX server. However, this really doesn't do the job
because, no matter what buffer I invoke this commands on, it immediately
re-activates the connection without asking for any passwords, once
I request for it. So, it feels as though I never exited it.

Is there any way I could exit from an ftp connection permanently (while
keeping Emacs itself running) so that next time I would be to supply the
password for the remote account just like I did when I first started
ange-ftp? It's just a simple safety measure.

I am using GNU Emacs 21.3.1 on Mandrake Linux 9.2. I searched actively
for this information, but without any success. Any help and advice?

Many thanks,

Nickolai Dobrynin