postscript to lisp, plisp package error - Invalid read syntax: "#"

From: Henna
Subject: postscript to lisp, plisp package error - Invalid read syntax: "#"
Date: 16 Feb 2004 14:55:01 -0000

This help is requested in connection with the plisp package
written by John Peterson of yale.

I am trying to use it and finding errors. I have no lucid
lisp or any other, other than the emacs lisp. I have
tried to (require 'cl) without error.

(1)
I have renamed all files in plisp to be .el from .lisp since that
is what
emacs seems to expect. This gave more success in the next loading
command. I have also setq the "load-path" variable to include both
the compiler and compiler/common-lisp directories. and checked it.

(2)
I have tried to load build.el as follows inside emacs:

(load "/home/henna/plisp/compiler/build.el") CTRL-x CTRL-e

The error I get in minibuffer is:

Invalid read syntax: "#"

Is there a simple method to solve this?
I am looking on comp.lang.postscript/lisp for help on plisp and there
is no traffic or conversation on this.

You can see the result of renaming:

% du -a
3       ./common-lisp/lisp-util.el
3       ./common-lisp/loop.el
2       ./common-lisp/mvalues.el
3       ./common-lisp/numeric.el
3       ./common-lisp/bind.el
3       ./common-lisp/control.el
2       ./common-lisp/for.el
2       ./common-lisp/functional.el
22      ./common-lisp
9       ./defps.el
2       ./flow.el
4       ./macros.el
2       ./names.el
5       ./output.el
1       ./plisp-compile.el
1       ./rename
9       ./top.el
1       ./util.el
6       ./args.el
1       ./build.el
6       ./compile.el
1       ./rename~
2       ./vars.el
1       ./t~
2       ./ps-vars.el

(3)
I loaded the file using the debugging enabled as:

(setq debug-on-error t)

and I get the following error:

Signaling: (invalid-read-syntax "#")
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*<2>> nil "output")
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/henna/plisp/compiler/output.el" "output"
 nil nil)
  load("output")
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/home/henna/plisp/compiler/build.el")
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/henna/plisp/compiler/build.el"
"/home/henna/plisp/compiler/build.e$
  load("/home/henna/plisp/compiler/build.el")
  eval((load "/home/henna/plisp/compiler/build.el"))
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
* call-interactively(eval-last-sexp)

Thanks
henna@techemail.com

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.