Re: emacs scrolls too fast when mouse-dragging selection

From: Michael M Mason
Subject: Re: emacs scrolls too fast when mouse-dragging selection
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:03:38 +0000

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:39:12 +0100, nospam55 <nospa@no.yahoo.no>
wrote:
>>>  How can I get a smoother scrolling ?
>>
>> I'm wondering too...
>
>I hope somebody will help
>our many people suffering this .
>With the emacs of SuSE 7.1 the behavior was fine !

I get similar behaviour under Windows XP so I don't think it has much
to do with the SuSE!

Interestingly, it's also difficult to select large areas in MS Excel
using the mouse: if you move the mouse just outside the window area it
scrolls steadily, but move another pixel or two further away and it
suddenly sets off at something like 500 rows a second.

So I always use the keyboard for selecting text.

--
Michael