"undo" really can replace "redo"

From: niDapeng
Subject: "undo" really can replace "redo"
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:21:36 +0800 (CST)

I know Emacs use "killing-ring" concept to cicle undo, and 'redo' operation is
implicitly done under this cicle. But, is it really good way?
When I set killing-ring size enough large, the "redo" is turing very boring
when I miss the correct position of ring.
For instance, if my current killing-ring size is 200, I try to undo last the
40th step operation, but, unfortunately, I undo 41 times. At this case, I have
2 choices, one is keep undoing until the cycle is back(so boring, and I have to
very careful to prevent next mistake). Another way, is I manually to mend the
41th operation(maybe type some text again).

Hi, Emacs gurus, my "redo" concept is correctly? I have to be familiar such
operation? Certainly, I know there is redo.el available for this. But why emacs
doesn't take "redo" as default package?

Thanks
Dapeng

ÍæÓÎÏ·Ó®ÊýÂëÏà»ú¡¢MP3¡¢UÅÌ