Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!
Date: 26 Feb 2004 08:04:51 +0200

> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:58:54 GMT
>
> > It's the opposite in my case.  For example, "M-g M-g" is invaluable as
> > a means to fix bad font-lock fontifications (a.k.a. syntax
> > highlighting).
>
> I'd be interested to know when that happens.

When I'm in the middle of editing and the current block is not yet
syntactically complete, as far as font-lock is aware of the syntax.

I didn't mean to say that it happens to me every day, but it does
happen.  For me, font-lock's fontifications are an important clue of
the code structure, I use it for making sure the code is correct and
frequently find bugs before they hit me.